Saturday, November 04, 2006

Studio

Fall is here and ALL the leaves are now shades of golden yellows, reddish oranges, and coppers. My next greenman mask is going to be coppery and golden .... should I call him Autumnman?

Working on peices for the upcoming festival and researching kilns and options this past week. A company came out yesterday to give me an estimate to put in an outlet for a kiln, but he has to send in the electrician monday morning. Once I find out what my studio can support electrically, I can get serious about it and place an order for one. All I can think about is getting my hands into the wet clay and going crazy with it! It is like zoning out and then a shape and form appears like magic and something is created that takes on it's own character. It is so much easier and faster than using polymer clay.

This has also been a tough week dealing with intense absessed tooth pain and the pain killer did not and is not doing it's job. It is hard to feel enthusiasm and excitement with throbbing pain, but this is my favorite time of the year!

Time to get back to the studio and continue sorting and clearing out... thinking positive and making room for the kiln!

No comments: