Saturday, February 17, 2007

Finding Water

This is the first day of a 12 week course I am studying with a wonderful group of people working through Julia Cameron's book "Finding Water". Check out Jessie and Leah's blog Finding Water... blogging the art of perseverance.... so here I go:

I, Dianne, commit myself to the regular use of the three basic tools. For the duration of this course, I will write Morning Pages daily and will take an Artist's Date and a Weekly Walk once a week. Additionally, I commit myself to excellent self-care, adequate sleep, good food, and gentle companionship.

Signed, Dianne Mayne Forche 02/17/07

Today I walked with my dogs, wrote my morning pages (yes, the hand cramps up, but hoping that will go away eventually) and will be doing this each day. It felt good to be outdoors, too! Dark chocolate is good food, right??!!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

yay for you! (well, not for the hand cramps, but for the rest of it!) happy day 1 of finding water!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you go girl! I think you'll find this an amazing way to meet some awesome women bloggers. So happy to see you doing Finding Water.

And yes, my hand cramps too - but it sure does seem to umcramp the psyche...I keep forgetting that. I used to do morning pages EVERY morning first thing!

Leah said...

yes, dark chocolate is definitely good food! ;-)