Tuesday, October 31, 2006

In Loving Memory of Wil


My dear brother and friend, Wil, unexpectedly suffered a cerebral bleed October 18th at 6:30am in Yellow Springs, Ohio. He was only 54 years old. It has been a very sad and difficult several weeks for everyone. The photo is of Wil with one of his students.


His obituary read:

William Fredrick Mayne, Jr., 54, of Yellow Springs, passed away at Miami Valley Hospital on October 20 2006. He was born June 21, 1952, in Waltham, Massachusetts.


Wil is survived by his mother, Gloria A. (Sullivan) Mayne of Yellow Springs; father, William F. Mayne, Sr., of Florida; two daughters: Shannon Mayne of Columbus, and Dorothy Mayne of Kettering; fiance: Mary Gnau of Yellow Springs, and her children: Matthew Gnau of Columbus, Michelle Gnau of Athens, Ohio; sister Dianne Mayne-Forche; brother-in-law and best friend, Terry Forch, both of Maryland, and many friends.


He received an Associate Degree in Mental Health Technology from Sinclair College, Bachelor Degree in Social Work from Wright State University, and was currently working on his Masters Degree in Education at Antioch University McGregor. He proudly served his country in the U.S. Air Force during Vietnam and attended Faith Community United Methodist. He currently taught at the Greene County Educational Learning Center.


Wil was a musician poet and collector of baseball cards, Beatles paraphernalia, records, coins and stamps......



Wil's presence will be sorely missed and I still find it hard to believe he is gone. This is Wil's poem/song that was included in the service:


RAINBOW


Take me back over the rainbow

That's where I know you've been

Take me back over the rainbow, And I'll be happy again,

Broken bits to mend

Old bones just don't bend

Open wounds to be cleansed.


Take me back over the rainbow

That's where I know you've been

Take me back over the rainbow, And I'll be hppy again.

Primary colors blend

Hearts and flowers to send

Gladness to befriend.


So, take me back over the rainbow

Pull me through again

Take me back over the rainbow

Where good times never end

Helpin' hands to lend

No reason to pretend

Nothing to defend


-Wil Mayne 10-30-2005

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dianne...Even though I did not know your brother I think you were very lucky to have brother like him.......but I do know you and I know how lucky he was to have you for a sister! My prayers and thought s ae with you during your time of sorrow. love Colleen

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers, Colleen.. you have been such a great friend ... thanks for always being there! Love, Dianne